Untreated mental health disorders can destroy every aspect of life, and with the wide range of treatment options available to families in Merced, California, there is no reason to live another day without the upper hand when it comes to mental illness symptoms. Mental health treatment is available to families living in California.
Lost Quality of Life Plague Those Living With Untreated Mental Illnesses
According to the California Hospital Association, decreased quality of life is evident when there is an untreated mental health diagnosis present:
- Patients struggling with the symptoms of a mental health disorder make up more than half of all inmates in American prisons and jails.
- About 66 percent of American adults who are homeless are living with a mental illness, addiction or alcoholism – or some combination thereof.
- An estimated 25 percent of all social security disability payments are paid out to those living with a debilitating mental illness.
Early death, too, is often attributed to mental health issues that go untreated:
- More than 36,000 Americans take their own life every year. Suicide is almost always due to an untreated mental health disorder or serious emotional disturbance.
- The average age of death among those in the public system receiving mental health treatment is about 25 years sooner than the general population: age 53 for men and age 59 for women.
Improve Your Quality of Life Today: Call Now
It’s a brave first step to call and find out more information about the treatment options available to you and your family in Merced, CA – but it’s one you can do with ease. The call is free and counselors are standing by to speak with you about your needs in treatment. Don’t wait to make the call.
See more treatment options in California