Santa Maria, CA
When dementia strikes, it can be devastating for the entire family. It’s not uncommon for those who struggle with the issue to forget key pieces of information, lose things, or get lost because they can’t remember who they are or where they live.
If someone you love in Santa Maria, California is living with dementia for any reason, mental health treatment can help him or her to better manage the symptoms. Call us today to speak with a representative who can help you find the right program for your family.
Helping Your Loved One Live With Dementia
Mental health treatment can be effective in the treatment of symptoms related to dementia but due to the nature of the disease it is often important that family members take an active interest in helping their loved one stick to their treatment. You can:
- Keep a calendar with appointments for you and your loved one.
- Write out a medication schedule, including dosing information.
- Set an alarm for your loved one so she knows when to take certain medications.
- Attend appointments with therapists and doctors with your loved one and take notes so no key information is missed.
- Make sure that your loved one has identification on them in case they wander away.
- Engage them frequently on things like the year, the address of their home, the names of people who are important to them, etc.
- Make sure they get regular exercise (e.g., daily walks) and good nutrition.
Find Mental Health Treatment for Dementia Today
Helping your loved one to deal with dementia starts with finding him or her the best possible medical care possible. Call today to discuss the options available to you and your family in Santa Maria, CA.
See more treatment options in California