In 2013, the New Jersey State Senate heard from a variety of experts and laypeople alike on the topic of mental health. Mental health professionals, individuals who suffer from mental health disorders and advocates for better mental healthcare were asked to share their stories. The goal of these hearings was to improve the mental health care system in New Jersey so people in towns like Hoboken, NJ, would not fall through the system’s cracks but would instead receive the care necessary to lead a healthy life.
Making the Right Choice for Treatment
Choosing an appropriate treatment plan for yourself or someone you care about in Hoboken is a very important decision. Making sure that the individual has care that fits his or her needs, personality and beliefs is integral to the process of recovery. Below are some questions to ask when choosing a treatment option:
- What type of treatment is recommended for the individual’s specific condition?
- What are the benefits of this treatment?
- Are there side effects to this type of treatment?
- What is the program’s philosophy of care? Does that philosophy fit the individual who needs treatment?
- How much time each week needs to be set aside for treatment?
- What is the cost of the treatment? What types of payment options are available?
Learning to Live with Mental Health Issues
If you suspect that someone close to you is struggling with mental health issues, there are ways to help them begin to heal. Call this number today to learn how mental health treatment can assist them in learning to cope with their issues and live a more enjoyable life.