New Brunswick, NJ
Recent events in America have highlighted the topic of mental health across the nation. In New Jersey, many mental health advocates are praising Governor Christie’s plan to address the state’s mental health care system, and while detractors say that his plan falls short, the good news is that the issue is being discussed. This is welcome news for residents of New Jersey towns likes New Brunswick, NJ, especially for families that have a loved one who is struggling with mental health issues.
The Cost of Care
Across the nation, the cost of healthcare has been on the rise. This may lead many people to believe that mental health treatment, even if necessary, is unaffordable, especially without private health insurance. The fact is, there are a number of alternative ways to pay for mental health care:
- Community health centers. These government-run public health centers often offer mental health services at a low cost or on a sliding scale.
- Clergy counseling. Some clergy offer free or low-cost counseling services.
- Group therapy. A lower cost way to receive professional help in a group setting.
- Mental health organizations. Several national organizations exist for the purpose of helping people find local, low-cost treatment.
- University and college campuses. University students can often get quality counseling and mental health care from a campus counseling center. These centers may also offer reduced-fee counseling for the general public.
Making Mental Health a Priority
Caring for your mental health is just as important as caring for your physical health. If you or someone you know in New Brunswick is struggling with mental health issues, contact us today to access the help that your loved one needs.
No Listings Found