Chattanooga TN Mental Health Treatment
Residents of Chattanooga, Tennessee often feel as if they have few choices when it comes to mental health treatment. The good news is that no one is limited by what is available in their town. Excellent mental health treatment programs are available across the state – and across the country as well. When it comes to medical and psychiatric care for serious illnesses like bipolar disorder, grief and trauma, eating disorders, and other issues, the focus is not on convenience but on finding the best care available.
If you would like to learn more about the mental health treatment options available to you near Chattanooga, contact us at the phone number listed above today. (Search nearby : Nashville Mental Health Centers)
Treatable Mental Illnesses
There are a number of mental health disorders that can be managed through treatment at a mental health treatment center. These include:
- Depression. From mild to severe, depression is a spectrum issue that be caused by chemical imbalances in the brain or specific events. No matter what the cause, patients can find relief through treatment.
- Eating disorders. Anorexia, bulimia and binge eating are among the most common eating disorders. Though young women are most commonly afflicted by the issue, young men may require treatment for the problem as well.
- Grief. Most people take about six months to process through large losses in their lives. Others take longer. When grief makes it difficult for the patient to function in everyday life, treatment is necessary.
- Trauma. Sexual abuse, violent attack, and standing witness to tragic events can cause post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a highly treatable mental health disorder.
- Addiction issues. Physical and psychological dependence upon alcohol and other drugs can exist alone or alongside some of the disorders listed above. In both cases, patients can make progress with mental health treatment.
Get Help Finding Mental Health Treatment Near Chattanooga, TN
Call us today to find out more about the mental health treatment programs available to you near Chattanooga, TN and across the country.