College Station, TX
Eating disorders are a common problem in Texas, especially among young women striving to achieve the physical ideals they perceive as desirable. A certain body type, certain features, a specific body weight – all of these are usually the goals of women struggling with eating disorders.
In College Station, Texas, this is no less a problem. Is a young woman you care about suffering from an eating disorder? Call now to locate a treatment program that can help her to heal.
Types of Eating Disorders That Respond to Treatment
- Anorexia nervosa. Refusing to eat enough calories defines anorexia. The goal is usually to reach an impossibly low weight.
- Bulimia nervosa. Eating large amounts of food followed by purging, or vomiting, describes the habits of those struggling with bulimia. Most binge and purge two or more times a week.
- Binge eating. Overeating large quantities of food rapidly and without hunger occurs for binge eaters a few times a month – even though they often attempt to overly restrict their caloric intake the rest of the time.
- Over exercising. Exercising excessively with or without severe calorie restriction can be an eating disorder as well when the goal is extreme weight loss.
- Orthorexia. Choosing to eat only organic foods or foods that fall into a certain category (e.g., vegan, gluten-free) in such a way that too few calories are ingested.
Eating Disorder Treatment Is a Long Journey That Starts With One Phone Call
In Texas, more than 833,000 adults are living with the effects of a mental health disorder – including eating disorders. Does this define the experience of someone you love in College Station, TX? Contact us today to help your daughter, wife, sister or friend learn how to eat to live rather than trying to achieve an impossible physical standard. Call now.
See more treatment options in Texas