Suicide is a silent killer that takes the lives of many Americans each year. It is not always clear why people choose to take their own lives. Some may find the difficulties of life too great. They feel hopeless or even like no one can help them. Others may be struggling with mental health issues that have never been treated; this only compounds these feelings. When a man in Del Rio, TX, took his own life outside his home in August 2013, no one was really sure why. Numerous questions surround the man’s death, many of which may never be answered.
Is Someone You Love Suffering?
Not everyone who has a mental health disorder will contemplate suicide. However, if mental illness is left untreated, it can cause people to do unhealthy things. In the most severe cases, suicide could be a result. Because of this, being familiar with some general signs that point to a struggle with a mental health disorder is important:
- No longer having close relationships with loved ones
- Seeming to lose interest in things they used to enjoy
- Suffering from hallucinations, paranoia, delusions or psychotic breaks from reality
- Having an irrational amount of fear or anxiety when facing ordinary situations
- Struggling with deep, prolonged sadness
- Moving between emotional extremes
- Being easily startled, irritated or angered
- Having a preoccupation with death
Helping Your Loved One
Failing to treat mental health disorders will only aggravate an individual’s condition. To help a loved one in Del Rio who is suffering from debilitating symptoms, call us at the number listed here today. Help them to discover the path toward healing and recovery from their mental health disorder.