Longview Treatment Centers
Texas Substance Abuse and Mental Health Issues At-A-Glance published by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) says that more than 8.5 percent of Texans between the ages of 12 and 17 experienced a major depressive episode in 2006 – higher than the national average for this age group. It’s a problem that has many parents completely bewildered. How do you know when your teen is going through the normal ups and downs of behavioral development or experiencing a mental health issue that requires treatment?
If your teen or someone in your family in Longview, Texas needs treatment for mental health issues, contact us now. We can help.
Normal Teen Development or Treatable Mental Health Issue?
How can you recognize the signs that your teen needs support from a mental health treatment program? Here are just a few:
- Expression of suicidal tendencies by talking about suicide, idealizing death, or talking about a plan to commit suicide
- A sudden inability to experience pleasure or joy in anything
- Extreme depression that lasts for two weeks or longer
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Changes in eating patterns (e.g., eating markedly less or more than usual)
- Lack of energy for any activity
- Inability to concentrate on school, conversations, movies, books, etc.
If your teen is struggling on all fronts or has lingering issues with a lack of self-esteem or confidence, mental health treatment can help boost their spirits, teach them how to maximize their strengths, and give them the tools necessary to fight the symptoms of depression.
Teen Mental Health Treatment Builds a Foundation for a Lifetime
Helping your child navigate the teen years in Longview starts when you pick up the phone. Call now to talk to an expert about your options in mental health treatment.
See more treatment options in Texas